Message to SBJC Families, March 26
March 26, 2020
Dear South Bergen Jointure Parents/Guardians,
I hope this letter finds you and your family well. I can confidently say that our entire faculty and staff miss your students very much and wish that we were back in school! Unfortunately, this pandemic virus has caused our Governor to issue an executive order extending the closure of all New Jersey schools for the foreseeable future. What this means is that our original closure date of March 30th will most likely extend beyond our Spring recess of April 20th. We will keep you informed of updates as we receive them.
Our ongoing South Bergen Jointure Commission Distance Learning Plan has been operating well so far and our staff is working hard to ensure that your children receive the best education we can provide under these difficult circumstances. As of Monday, March 30th, we will be providing virtual instruction for your child. Your child’s teacher, paraprofessionals, and outreach workers will be in daily contact. Our website is updated daily and has many resources https://www.njsbjc.org/coronavirus. Please contact your child’s teacher/school principal if you have any questions or concerns.
The following is a list of contacts for your support:
- Technology issues you can email our technology specialists Edwin Flores and Rob Neilley by email at email@example.com or telephone at 201-393-0475 ext 241.
- Issues regarding Free and Reduced Lunch you can email our Business Administrator, Sue Cucciniello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and Medical issues you can email our Supervisor of Nursing/Paraprofessionals, Dr. Reji George at email@example.com.
- Counseling, OT, PT, Speech issues you can email our Director of Outreach, Dr. Christopher Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The principals are:
- Preschool Primetime, Carlstadt, and Felician Campuses: Ms. Lorraine Rake at email@example.com
- Maywood Campus: Mr. Scott Rossig at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Ferry, Moonachie, South Hackensack Campuses: Ms. Holly Ehle at email@example.com
- Lodi MS/HS Campus: Mr. Dennis Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to help. Do not hesitate to contact any of us. Together, we will get through these challenging times and be better and stronger from it. My email is email@example.com, I welcome your suggestions and input on how we can best meet your child’s needs in this unprecedented time.
Be healthy and safe.
Dr. Michael D. Kuchar
Superintendent of Schools